Keeping It Going!

For 2011 I am setting my goals high but completely within my grasp!

I intend to do a race a month finishing out the year by running as a Hero in the 2011 St. Jude FULL Marathon!

Monday, August 30, 2010

And So It Begins....

Day One of training for the 1/2 Marathon!

Well, its day one of my 14 week official training program for the 1/2 marathon. Today's run was 30 minutes long and I did 2.11 miles. I really need to work on getting faster. I mean, really. Right now I'm at a 14:12 min/mile which is much too slow. Sigh. Tomorrow morning I get up waaaaay to early and go to the gym for my strength training and then after work is pilates.

My schedule is going to be off this week due to Dragon Con. I ran today, tomorrow is x-train and strength, Wed will be run, Thur strength, Friday off, Sat 2 Mile run at the con, Sunday off, Monday will be a run when I get home. :)

That's my plan. You people need to keep me accountable! I can't slack for the next 14 weeks. If I do, I'm screwed come December and I want this stupid race to be fun, not horrible.

On another note, Gatorade "Recover" is nasty, nasty stuff but its a good way to get a quick shot of protein into the system after a run. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment