Keeping It Going!

For 2011 I am setting my goals high but completely within my grasp!

I intend to do a race a month finishing out the year by running as a Hero in the 2011 St. Jude FULL Marathon!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Next Week!

So next Monday starts my actual 14 week training program. OMG. Its hard to imagine that next week means that it is only 14 weeks away. I think I've got a good base built up for the training tho.

Saying that, I must also admit that the last two days I haven't run. Monday my hip was hurting me all day so I said no, and yesterday I met up with a girlfriend of mine so I didn't get home till after 9:30pm which was too late for me to run.

Today is an amazing day though... High is only 88 and by 8pm it should only be about 80 outside. You know what that means, right? Going to the park! I'm gonna go do my 28 minute run at the park on the 1.2 mile loop. It will be good for me and it will give me a realistic idea of my current pace. The treadmill is okay to build up stamina I think, but you have to run at an enforced pace, not at what you naturally run at.

I'm very curious to see how I will do with the hills and running under my own steam instead of the treadmill. Wish me luck and I'll post on here how I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment