Keeping It Going!

For 2011 I am setting my goals high but completely within my grasp!

I intend to do a race a month finishing out the year by running as a Hero in the 2011 St. Jude FULL Marathon!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Doing it slowly.

Last night I went to Pilates in who knows how long, and I am so sore today. But in a good way. My abs and arms esp. are complaining right now. But I went - even tho the little devil on my shoulder was telling me how nice my recliner sounded - and I enjoyed it. There were 5 of us in the class last night, I was definitely the most out of shape one in the room, but it was still good. Through running these races, I've learned not to compare myself to others doing the same activity. I know what my body can do and the advances I make and need to celebrate that, not put myself down because I can't keep up with the 100 pound soaking wet stick figure.

I did my first race of 2011 last weekend. I did the "Run for the Red" 5k that was put on by the Mid-South Red Cross and the Fire Museum. It was a very, very well put on race and I finished in 41:02 for a pace of 13:14 min/mile. I thought I did very well for me. :) Slowly carving time off that distance which will help me over all in the long runs.

Tonight is a 2 mile run and then we're going bowling (prob. 2-3 games). I'm very excited. I got the bowling ball I received for Christmas (Thanks Jason!) drilled this past weekend and now I have my own ball to play with (minds outta the gutter people!). My "long run" on Saturday is going to be 3.5 miles I think. I'm going to try and add 1/2 mile to my long run every week till the end of May which is when I'll need to start my marathon training. That will put me up to 12.5 miles on my long run which should be right for the start of that hell... I mean training.

No comments:

Post a Comment